They had more donated part of its lands located in the Tray de a Cruz and 100 thousand francs, so that a chapel was successfully constructed. It was born thus, the city of Chapel (…). The proprietors had two motivations: the sacrifice of the mass (…); the other age that, the couple having a son priest, wanted to deliver a beautiful Church to it. Of the house of Pacheco it are lead for capelinha raised, the image of N. Lady of the Purificao and a coffer with all the paramentos of celebration of mass (Cinform, 2002: p. 50).
III? The Denomination of the City the Capelinha1 of Ours Lady of the Purificao? place where all of the time searched for its preces, religious conjuncts, folguedos. Capelinha later donated to the common wealth of that judicial district, people predominantly catholic, today, known as city of Chapel? ‘ ‘ princesinha of tabuleiros’ ‘. ……………………………………………………. 1 Capelinha that gave origin to the city was destroyed in 1824. At the time, the village contained a hundred of devices more than, and the culture of the sugar sugar cane, the plantation of the cotton and the cassava relieved it to it importance consideration for its economic power. Before passing to be considered city, in 1861 the Judicial district of Justice was created (…). In 1863 first Manoel judge Maria of the Amaral and the attorney general, Jose Luiz of Rabbit and Fields had taken ownership (…).
The enslaved population in 1864 already reached 2,664 people (…). In 1870 market (…) was constructed, in 28 of August of 1888 the city if it becomes city, properly said, and passes to be called Chapel (Cinform, 2002: p. 50). IV? And So the Catholic Church has built many churches and is indeed one of the largest land owners in the world.